Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Giving Thanks

Hi Everybody! 


     I would have blogged sooner, but I was having technical difficulties with my domain name swap. Thankfully, everything is fixed and you can now find me at brittneywestover.com. Pretty cool, eh? 
     Speaking of things I'm thankful for, I realize I sure do have a lot of blessings to count! I'm especially thankful for my family and friends, my bandmates, and my wonderful boyfriend, Mike Escamillo, all of whom have been incredibly supportive throughout my musical career. 
     I feel incredibly inspired today, thanks to Mike. Last night we recorded vocals on one of my original tracks that we've been working on for awhile. It feels good to have an engineer and co-producer who believes in my talent and is able to bounce his creative ideas off of mine. I think we're very good team, and I'm ever-so-thankful for this union. I will post a link to the song once we finish it. We still have a little more tracking to do, and mixing and mastering, of course, but I'm super excited about it! I know it'll turn out great. :)
      Mike also helped me upload a video he took of my last performance at Roman Holiday, which you can watch here: Don't Doubt/Brittney Westover at Roman Holiday
     That same night at Roman Holiday, just one week ago, the Richie West Band had their debut West Coast performance. I can't tell you how thankful I am to the boys for coming out and playing (Adam Kurtz, Kevin Milner, John Ennis, Mike Escamillo) and Nick Weidner for filming. Thank you also to everyone who attended that show, especially my mom, Barbara Westover-Raach, my brother and sister-in-law, Dustin and Gaby Westover, and Mike's mom and sister, Kim McWilliams-Escamillo and Jennifer Escamillo. While Nick is going through his reels and editing together the best moments of the evening, let's watch a little sneak preview of a song that Jennifer Escamillo filmed during the performance (thanks, Jen!)
Time for Daddy's Stone to Roll/The Richie West Band at Roman Holiday
     It looks like The Richie West Band is getting our rhythm section back! We'd like to welcome back Charlie Woodburn, who just came back from touring with Drunk on Crutches. No, I don't think he was drumming while drunk and on crutches, he just played with a band called Drunk on Crutches. And I'd also like to welcome Keith Karman of the Belle Brigade, who will be sitting in on bass at our next rehearsal! I can't wait. :)
     The Damselles will be filming the 3rd leg of our newest music video for our upcoming single, "Man Like You" this Friday. I'm curious to see how those gold hotpants are gonna fit me the day after Thanksgiving. Be sure to check out my youtube page for more fun, newly-posted Damselles videos.
He's Got the Power/Damselles & TC's warming up outside the Echo
     I would like to end this blog by posting a few pics of some of the people and things I am most thankful for. I hope each and every one of you have a super fabulous and delicious Turkey Day filled with blessings too numerous to count. I know I will. :)


Love & Grace,


Brittney


     

No comments:

Post a Comment