Saturday, April 7, 2012

Spring Forward!

     Howdy, People! Happy Passover & Easter & other festive spring holidays! Just writing a little update to let you know what's been going on in my little world! I recently got a new job as a cocktail server at a really cool bar/restaurant in South Pasadena called the Raymond & Bar 1886. I've been training and taking tests on menu & cocktail knowledge, but tonight is my first night on my own, which means I get to keep my tips! Hallelujah! Here is a fun little interview with my friend Eve Hammond Bushman, a Santa Clarita-based wine & food blogger. It should give you a little taste of what I do to make money when I'm not playing shows: West Ranch Beacon- Pairing wine & cocktails with song

     The Damselles & the TC4 are taking a much-needed break in our usually-hectic performing schedule this month to focus on finishing up our full-length album. The Richie West Band is *hopefully* going to be tracking vocals this month, if I can find a way to afford the studio time and fit it into my busy schedule. Mike is going to be taking a little time off work this month, and we hope to spend some time FINALLY recording some of my original songs! Yay! Hopefully you will see a few tracks on this website by the end of the month.
     We are also excited to be going to COACHELLA the weekend of April 20th-22nd. Mike and I love Coachella, and I'm especially stoked because TWO of my friends' bands are in the line-up this year! My dear friends Ben Jaffe and Suzanne Santosuosso are in HoneyHoney, and my good buddy James King is in Fitz & the Tantrums. Ben and I have been friends for years, and we have collaborated on many Andy Paley-related projects, including the Thrilling Adventure Show and Spongebob & the Hi-Seas. He also backed me up in 3 annual Jeff Buckley tribute concerts! Suzanne just recently lended me her fiddle and banjo talents on the Richie West recordings back in February. James King and I have been playing in Spongebob & the Hi-Seas together for years, and his incredible Sax talents can be heard on the Damselles' self-titled EP! I'm so proud of my super-talented friends!

     Well, that's all for now. I will be sure to post new recordings as soon as they are finished. Stay tuned! I've got a lot of material coming out later this year! Happy Spring, Everyone!

Love & Grace,

Brittney

P.S. Here are some photos for your enjoyment! The picture above is me and Helen Chance chillin' on the Sunset Strip after we played in the Hollowbody Lounge at the Viper Room!

And here are some pics of me, Mike, Pepper, and Marley during our family outing last month when we hiked to the waterfall in Eaton Canyon! Hiking is one of my favorite outdoor spring activities. This is the perfect time of year to get out there and be one with nature. It's great exercise for people and dogs!




No comments:

Post a Comment